Details: Protect yourself and your family from the potentially deadly effects of carbon monoxide with the First Alert CO605 Plug-In Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Battery Backup. This easy-to-install, UL-listed alarm features advanced technology, a user-friendly design, and backup battery power to provide continual monitoring of carbon monoxide levels. It also comes complete with an "Alarm Action" chart that instructs you on what to do if the alarm sounds.Carbon Monoxide: The Leading Cause of Accidental Deaths in the U.S.
Carbon monoxide, an invisible, odorless gas, is the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in America, yet many people don't know they are suffering from CO poisoning until it's too late. Because you can't see, taste, or smell it, CO can kill you before you even know it's there. Likewise, exposure to low levels over time can make you ill.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission recommends that every home have at least one carbon monoxide alarm with an audible warning signal--like the CO605--installed near sleeping areas. An alarm like the CO605 can detect the CO you can't see, smell, or taste before it causes any physical harm to you or your family.
Electrochemical Technology for Accuracy and Longer Life
The CO605 uses an electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor--the most accurate CO sensor available. In comparison to more commonly available technologies, electrochemical technology is highly accurate, requires a lower amount of power, and boasts a longer life. If the CO605's sensor detects a high concentration of CO, the unit will sound a clear, loud, 85-decibel alarm, giving you a chance to either ventilate the area or safely evacuate.
A/C Power with Battery Backup and User-Friendly Design
This unit runs on A/C power, but in case of an electrical outage, it will switch to battery operation. This gives you peace of mind during storms--when you're more likely to use generators that could potentially give off
- Keep your family safe with this easy to use plug in carbon monoxide alarm; it works with any standard outlet and also has a battery backup for continuous monitoring of Carbon Monoxide levels, even if there's a power failure
- Features an advanced electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor that accurately detects carbon monoxide levels, no matter where the detector is placed in the room
- Simple to use, with a single test/silence button; a loud 85 decibel alarm sounds when Carbon Monoxide levels reach dangerous levels. Low battery signal mute, quiets low battery signal for up to 8 hours
- To ensure complete protection make sure to place one on each level of your home and in each bedroom
- 7 year limited warranty; equipped with end of life signal chirp, so you know when it's time to replace the unit for safety
- All First Alert CO alarms are rigorously tested to meet UL standards. Item Length is 3.4 inches , Item Width is 1.38 inches and Item Height is 5 inches
Package Dimensions: 7.9 x 6.9 x 2.5 inches